Thursday, March 19, 2009

On the run!

Sorry no postings this week...it's been a busy one, but I will resume this weekend, tapping away at a hopefully much more reliable computer.

I did catch this yesterday though: Darius Rejali "Ice Water and Sweatboxes."

It is interesting to read about the long history of torture, especially as the possibility that torture works or has any redeeming value at all is still a live issue in the media and in the Obama Administration (which is in the middle of a process of figuring out whether torture "works"). Panetta says "The purpose of the review is to, obviously, determine how these interrogation techniques are being used under the Army Field Manual, the quality of the information that's provided, and whether or not in fact these other enhanced efforts produce that kind of information, I don't know. I mean, I don't know the answer to that. And that's why I'm going to participate in that review."

Always reinventing the wheel. And, btw, torture is still against the law...

No comments: